Attributes are a measure of the innate characteristics of a given crew member, including the Captain and Officers. Attributes are assigned to a character when they are created and may range between 8 and 30. These attributes do not change over the course of a character's life except in the case of Trait Mutation. This is because base Attribute points may receive a boost from various traits which augment a character's final Attribute level, even pushing it beyond 30. The total number of Attribute points may vary between different characters, making certain crew members innately more powerful than others.
Attributes help in determining many aspects of a Character, such as their Hit Points and Morale Points. These are explained under specific Attributes below. The Captain's Attributes also play a role in many of the tests involved in Spying, Exploring, Patrolling, Blockading, accessing the Black Market and completing Missions. In these situations only the Captain's attributes are tested. Unlike skills, there are no attribute pools or places where crew attributes are used outside of determining each crew member's individual properties.
The only character whose attributes can be manually determined are the Captain's. This is done using the Character Template Creator. Depending on the priority given to Attributes, a player can determine the exact Attributes of the Captain within certain ranges. Since Attributes do not change over the course of a game, assigning them priority "A" provides the most long-term advantage even though it may make the early game more difficult as the top priority is taken from more immediately helpful aspects of character creation.
Strength[edit | edit source]
Your Strength is the measure of a Character's physical power
- Along with Fortitude, though with less weight, Strength may push a Character's Hit Points beyond 100
- Can be tested with crew Tactics skill to use Distracting Altercation or Attention Grabbing Brawl to complete certain missions quickly and without payment, though with the possibility of violence
- Increases accuracy of most melee weapons and heavy ranged weapons (HMG, LMG, and Snubber)
- Increases melee defense rolls in crew combat if higher than Quickness
Quickness[edit | edit source]
Quickness is the measure of how quickly a Character reacts
- Quickness is averaged with your Wisdom to determine your Crew Combat Initiative
- Contributes to Ranged and Melee defence in Crew Combat
- Provides a skill save for negative Spying results along with Pilot or Electronics
- Provides a skill save for negative Exploration results along with Pilot
- Can be tested with crew Stealth skill to use Sneaky Slip to complete certain missions
- Contributes to accuracy with pistols, sniper rifles, and some blades
- Contributes to grenade accuracy rolls
- Used by the Pilot talent Twitch Surge
Fortitude[edit | edit source]
Fortitude is the measure of a Character's physical toughness and resistance to damage
- Your Fortitude is the most important factor in determining a Character's max Hit Points
- Fortitude soaks damage from enemy attacks in Crew Combat, lowering incoming damage.
- Provides a skill save for negative Spying results along with Ship Ops
Charisma[edit | edit source]
Charisma is the measure of a Character's social intelligence and leadership ability.
- Charisma can help a Captain discover Crew Member's hidden traits when spicing.
- Provides a save for negative exploration results along with Command
- Can be tested with crew Command skill to use Forged Papers or Commanding Air to complete certain missions quickly without payment
- Can be tested with crew Negotiate skill to use a Late Night Bribe or Discrete Bribe to complete certain missions quickly but costing more money
- Can be tested with crew Stealth skill to use Daring Disguise or Spice Hall Sneak to complete certain missions
- Increases rewards for patrolling, blockading, and black market card mini-games
- Used by the Commander talent Shrew Dealings, Crew Dog talent Relaxing Leave
- Used by the Diplomat talent Upstaged Success, Merchant talents Known Trader and Market Confidant
- Used by the Military Officer talent Power Play, Smuggler talents Criminal Connections and Unlawful Royalty
- Used by the Spy talent Data Haul
Wisdom[edit | edit source]
Wisdom is the measure of a Character's mental dexterity.
- Along with Resilience, though with less weight, Wisdom may push a Character's Morale beyond 100
- Wisdom is averaged with Quickness to determine Crew Combat Initiative
- Provides a save for negative Spying results along with Navigation
- Provides a save for negative Exploration results along with Electronics
- Can be tested along with the crew Tactics skill to use Security Checkpoint to complete certain missions
- Can be tested along with the crew Negotiation skill to use Tense Negotiation to complete certain missions
- Increases rewards for spying and exploration card mini-games.
- Contributes to ranged defense in Crew Combat if higher than Quickness.
- Used by the Diplomat talent Expose Quality, Military Officer talent Honorable Release
- Used by the Spy talent Close Observation
Resilience[edit | edit source]
Resilience is the measure of a Character's mental and emotional toughness.
- Resilience is added to a Character's Death Save chance, when they suffer a fatal wound and plays a major role in their survival
- Resilience is the most important factor in determining a Character's max Morale
- Provides a skill save for negative Blockading results along with Navigation
- Provides a skill save for negative exploration results along with Ship Ops or Doctor
- Can be tested along with crew Intimidate skill to use Threatening Demands to complete certain missions
- Increases rewards for blockading and spying card mini-games.