Ship Damage Types
There are 3 types of damage types in ship to ship combat.
Damage Sources[edit | edit source]
|Standard Damage||Internal Damage||Radiation Damage||Void Damage|
|Mitigation||Ship Armor||Ship Shield||Ship Shield, Radiation Resistance||Ship Shield, Void Resistance|
|Target||Ship's Hull||Crew and Components||Both||Both|
|Increased by Crits||✔||✔||✔||✘|
|Damage Conversion||Internal after Mitigation||—||33% as Standard
200% as Internal
|50% as Standard|
150% as Internal
- Damage that reduces the Ship's Hull to 0 will destroy the Ship.
- Components damaged beyond 60% will cease to function.
- If Crew's Health drops to 0, it forces a Death Save.
- If Crew's Morale drops below 26, that crew member stops contributing to the Ship's Skill Pools
Effect Sources[edit | edit source]
Critical Hits[edit | edit source]
When a weapon hits in Ship Combat it has a chance to score a Critical Hit. These effects represent the fearsome capability of certain ship weapons to score devastating hits against critical components on an enemy ship.
- Critical Hits are more likely to damage critical components, such as Engine, Bridge and Weapons.
- A Critical Hit will cause the Internal Damage being done by that attack to be increased by 100%.
- A Critical Hit increases the number of crew who are injured during the application of Internal Damage. This doesn't spread the damage thinner, but instead increases the number of crew members that take this full damage.
Crippling Hits[edit | edit source]
When a weapon hits in Ship Combat it has a chance to cause a Crippling Hit Effect. These effects represent the terrible power of capital ship weapons to disrupt a crew, disable a vessel or sow chaos across the stars.
- Each Ship Weapon has a specific Crippling Hit Chance.
- A Ship Weapon can only roll a Crippling Hit if it scores a direct hit.
- Each Weapon rolls a Crippling Hit Chance independent of other weapons.
- Each successful Crippling Hit roll causes a single negative debuff called a Crippling Hit Ship Effect to be placed on the target.
- Different Weapons can cause different kinds of Crippling Hits.
Types of Crippling Effects[edit | edit source]
Crippling Effects come in many forms. Each weapon can cause one or two different crippling effects depending on the weapon's type. These debuffs are one of Ship Crippling Effects, Crew Crippling Effects, or Boarding Effects. Some talents can remove effects of the ship variety, while others remove crew crippling hits, and a few talents can remove both of those two. Boarding Effects are only removed by time or the end of combat.
|Aftershocks||Crew||-15% Shielding, -20 Radiation Resist, -20 Void Resist, +10 Component-Crew-Morale dmg/turn||Torpedo and Missile|
|Crew Panic||Crew||-20% Defense, +20 Morale dmg/turn||Autocannon|
|Crew Stunned||Crew||-20 Boarding, -20% Accuracy, -20% Defense, -10% Shield||Missile|
|Distortion Field||Ship||-35 Boarding, -35% Accuracy, -20% Shielding, -20 Void Resist||Railgun|
|Radiation Wash||Ship||-10% Shield, +20 Morale dmg/turn -20 Radiation resist||Plasma Cannon, Lance, Railgun|
|Electrical Fire||Ship||+20 Component damage/turn, +20 Crew dmg/turn||Torpedo and Missile|
|Engine Failure||Ship||-2 Reactor Points, -10% Shield, -10 Range Change, -20 Escape||Plasma Cannon, Lance, Boarding Action|
|Venting Hull||Ship||-15% Shield, -25% Armor, +20 Component dmg/turn, +10 Crew dmg/turn||Gravity Driver and Autocannon|
|Crippling Dread||Boarding||-15% Accuracy, -15% Defense, -10 Range Change, +10 Morale dmg/turn||"Panic Crew" Boarding Action|
|Bio-Agent Bomb||Boarding||+10 Morale dmg/turn, +25 Crew dmg/turn||Combat Medic Boarding Talent|
|Boarder's Demolition||Boarding||-15% Defense, -15% Shield, -15% Armor||Engineer Boarding Talent|
|Call for Surrender||Boarding||-10 Range Change, +25 Morale dmg/turn||Military Officer Boarding Talent|
|Thrown Wrench||Boarding||-3 Reactor Pts, +25 Component dmg/turn, +10 Crew dmg/turn||Mechanic Boarding Talent|