Crew Combat Surrender[edit | edit source]
You have the option to Surrender at any time. Your combat crew will lay down their weapons and combat ends immediately. Your surviving combat crew is at the mercy of your enemy and their type and your Reputation with them will determine how many are dealt fatal wounds or given mercy. For example, Xeno will deal a death blow to every survivor, which will fall back on their Death Save. If you have low Reputation with a human enemy, you'll see more death blows but positive Reputation, Rank, and Edict can reduce the chance of death blows as low as 25%.
Ship Combat Defeat and Surrender[edit | edit source]
Ship combat ends when either party is defeated or successfully escapes. In the case of escape, each ship is left free to resume travel through deep space, though they may have sustained heavy damage and/or casualties, or reputation loss.
A ship is defeated in combat under one of a couple of different scenarios. Take these conditions into account to create the best ship combat strategy possible. Resilience to defeat is a critical part of surviving harrowing combat in the void.
- A ship whose Captain is reduced to 0 Hit Points surrenders in battle.
- A Ship whose components no longer provide 5 Pilot Skill Pool points cannot be flown effectively in combat and surrenders. This can be caused when either a ship's Pilot components are so damaged that they can no longer provide Ship Pools, or the crew is so devastated that they can no longer provide the 5 Pilot Skill points to power the working components.
- A Ship whose components no longer provide 5 Ship Ops Skill Pool points cannot be operated in combat and surrenders. This can be caused when either a ship's Ship Ops components are so damaged that they can no longer provide Ship Pools, or the crew is so devastated that they can no longer provide the 5 Ship Ops Skill points to power the working components.
- A Ship whose surviving crew is reduced to less than 20% of maximum cannot be operated and surrenders.
- A ship whose Engine component suffers more than 60% damage loses its ability to maneuver and must surrenders
One scenario is not considered a surrender, however:
- If the ship is reduced to 0 Hull, it suffers a hull vent and total collapse. Everyone dies.